users@jax-rpc.java.net

deserialization error: XML reader error: unexpected character content

From: <priya.aiyer_at_polaris.co.in>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 20:37:10 +0530

Hi -

I have developed a simple web service using JAXRPC-1.6 and deployed on
to Tomcat 5.0 for JWSDP.

My Client is of DII type and one of the service endpoint interface
operation returns a ArrayList which contains String elements.
When my client program invokes this operation I get the following stack
trace-

Exception thrown :deserialization error: XML reader error: unexpected
character content: "Temp1"
stack trace :deserialization error: XML reader error: unexpected
character content: "Temp1"
    at
com.sun.xml.rpc.encoding.SOAPDeserializationContext.deserializeMultiRefO
bjects(SOAPDeserializationContext.java:90)
    at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._send(StreamingSender.java:239)
    at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.dii.CallInvokerImpl.doInvoke(CallInvokerImpl.java
:103)
    at com.sun.xml.rpc.client.dii.BasicCall.invoke(BasicCall.java:492)
    at
com.polaris.pgportals.poc.model.client.ProxyClient.invokeDIIService(Prox
yClient.java:276)
    at
com.polaris.pgportals.poc.model.client.ProxyClient.main(ProxyClient.java
:47)

Please note as JAX-RPC1.6 implementation provides for deserializer and
serializers for Collection and its type interfaces, I have not written
one.

WebService was created using define attribute of wscompile with
config.xml containing the service information.

Anyone out there any clue on what is missed out, please
advise...please!!

thanks for your help.
priya

p.s: if this is not the right forum please let know.
Priya Aiyer
91-44-2811 8900 (e) 4268

This e-Mail may contain proprietary and confidential information and is sent for the intended recipient(s) only.
If by an addressing or transmission error this mail has been misdirected to you, you are requested to delete this mail immediately.
You are also hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification,
distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message, contents or its attachment other than by its intended recipient/s is strictly prohibited.

Visit Us at http://www.polaris.co.in