users@jax-rpc.java.net

SOAP Response Header changing response ContentType to application/fastinfoset

From: Raman <raman.mishra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:21:34 +0800

Hi All,
 We are using JWSDP 1.6 to implement web services. We have one requirement
to add response SOAP header. For this we are using JAX-RPC Handler. We are
able to add response header successfully but when JAXRPC RI returning the
response it changing response content type to application/fastinfoset. Which
our client(AXIS) is not able to understand and we are getting SAXParser
exception.
 Our code to add response header in handleResponse() method is :
 SOAPMessageContext smc = (SOAPMessageContext) context;
SOAPMessage soapmsg = smc.getMessage();

SOAPEnvelope se = smc.getMessage().getSOAPPart().getEnvelope();
SOAPFactory sFactory = SOAPFactory.newInstance();

SOAPElement sCustomHeader = sFactory.createElement(HEADER, PREFIX, URI);

SOAPElement sTxnStatus = sFactory.createElement(CustomHEADER, PREFIX, URI);
SOAPElement sTxnId = sFactory.createElement(PROVIDERTXNHEADER, PREFIX, URI);
sTxnStatus.addTextNode(TRANSACTIONSTATUS);
sTxnId.addTextNode(PROVIDERTXNID);

sCustomHeader.addChildElement(sTxnId);
sCustomHeader.addChildElement(sTxnStatus);
SOAPHeader sh = se.addHeader();

SOAPHeaderElement CustomHeader = (SOAPHeaderElement) sh.addChildElement
(sCustomHeader);

Thanks.
Raman