users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: When using a Handler seems to hang upon response JSWDP 1.5

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:55:11 -0400

> Does Sun release the source for the JAX-RPC implmementation files so
> I could debug that stuff? There has to be a bug in there somewhere
> as sometimes it works fine for me, in fact most of the time. I can't
> find anything in the Soap document that would be wrong plus if I
> remove the handler completely it works fine all the time so I know
> its not my data.

If you remove the handler completely, the RI uses a different path
through the code, mainly in that it uses a different reader/writer to
handle the XML. So removing the handler completely is not the same as
keeping the handler and having it simply return true from the handleXYZ
methods. I would suggest trying that first, though since you say it
works most of the time that certainly makes debugging a little harder.

 From https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net you can go to the "weekly bundles"
section and download the latest 1.X jar file along with the source code
that was used to build it (look for the JAXRPC_SI and JAXRPC_SI_src
files). Let me know what you find out with the debugging.

Cheers,
Bobby