users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: When using a Handler seems to hang upon response JSWDP 1.5

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:13:28 -0400

> I'm currently using a handler to tweak an outgoing SOAP message on the
> client side. There is a given response that seems to cause everything
> to hang up.

Rather than removing the handler (you say everything works without it),
could you try returning true from the handleRequest() method right away
to see if your handler code or the runtime is causing the problem?

I'm a little unclear on whether you're saying that the service is
hanging (which would make the client wait and wait) or the client side
is hanging after a response comes back in. Either way, can you look at
the messages going over the wire to see if your handler code has left
the SOAPMessage in a usable state? There are programs like tcptunnel
that will let you see what's going over the wire.

Another way to check would be to add a handler to the end of the chain
on the client side to simply print out the message with
SOAPMessage.writeTO().

Cheers,
Bobby