users@jax-rpc.java.net

When using a Handler seems to hang upon response JSWDP 1.5

From: Ryan Champlin <Ryan.Champlin_at_firstlogic.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:46:18 -0500

All,

I'm currently using a handler to tweak an outgoing SOAP message on the client side. There is a given response that seems to cause everything to hang up.

Most of the time it works but I've found a give response from the server where my application (running on Tomcat) seems to suck up almost all of the CPU and just keep running that way.
I tried debugging and the call to my Stub classes _send() method executes and then I see if go into my handleRequest() method of my handler. I then see the request him my web service however,
it never enters back into my handleResponse() method in my handler and the call to _send() never returns. Thus, its getting hung up somewhere before it gets back into my handler code.
When I edit my config file to remove the handler chain completely everything works fine with this exact same method call and response. If I put my handler chain back in everything starts hanging again. I've tried letting it sit for some time and it just continuously sucks up CPU and seems to run forever.

I've started downloading JWSDP 1.6 to see if I"m seeing the same issues there at all. I'm assuming the source for com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StubBase isn't released so I could debug into the _send() method further to try and see where its hanging up??

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks,
Ryan