users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Hitting an ASP.NET webservice with a java client.

From: David Sharp <dsharp02_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 16:48:39 -0500

I just wanted to follow up on my problem since I have found a solution. The
issue turned out not to be a bug, so much as a bad interaction between
different default choices on the two platforms, combined with misleading
error messages. The solution was to set the elementFormDefault, and
attributeFormDefault attribute on my schema. When they are left unspecified,
.NET and JAX-RPC make different default choices, leading to the
incompatibilities I noted. The error message generated by JAX-RPC is very
misleading, and led me to believe there was a parsing error.

Thanks,
Dave