users@jax-rpc.java.net

Some newbie questions...

From: Ryan Cuprak <rcuprak_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 23:31:33 -0400

Hello,
  Tinkering with a HelloWorld example and got the warning below:
[wscompile] warning: You have specified : -gen:both or -gen:client
with a SEI. The use of these modes are recommended with WSDL only.

  I generated it with the following snippet:
   <target name="client-gen">
         <delete dir="src-gen" quiet="true"/>
         <mkdir dir="src-gen"/>
         <wscompile
             keep="true"
             client="true"
             base="src-gen"
             xPrintStackTrace="true"
             verbose="true"
             classpath="${bin}"
             config="${config.rpcenc.file}">
             <classpath>
                 <path refid="classpath"/>
             </classpath>
         </wscompile>
     </target>

  The ant target for the server generates the wdsl but as far as I
can tell I am not re-using it for generating the client code. So, if
wscompile doesn't know about the wsdl, then it must build one on the
fly - correct? Looking at the reference I don't see an easy way to
feed it a wsdl - is this possible?

  With regards to the model file, does wsdeploy require it? Presently
I am not writing the internal model to a file (-model) but wsdeploy
doesn't appear to complain. I am a little perplexed on the utility of
this model file.

  In terms of the section on (https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/whitepaper/
1.1/index-part1.html#3.0) which details supported for wscompile -
where can I get a more in-depth description?

  I am just trying to get my head around this - help/pointers are
greatly appreciated!

  Thanks,
   Ryan