users@jax-rpc.java.net

Announcing the release of Java Web Services Developer Pack 1.6

From: Ramesh Mandava <Ramesh.Mandava_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:16:11 -0700

Hi:
  We just released Java Web Services Developer Pack 1.6 at
http://java.sun.com/webservices

  Highlights of the release are

    * Fast Infoset 1.0 FCS acceleration technology built on ASN.1 standards
    * Service Registry early access release for SOA web services, built
      on ebXML 3.0 Registry with full UDDI 3.0 support
    * XML Web Services Security 2.0 early access
    * JAXP 1.3.1 FCS release
    * XML Digital Signatures 1.0 FCS release
    * Sun Java Streaming XML Parser 1.0 EA release, a high performance
      implementation of JSR 173
    * Bug fixes, refreshed core components (JAX-RPC, JAXB, JAXR, and more

 With this release we are supporting 3 containers
 1. Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 8.1 Update 2
 2. Sun Java System Web Server 6.1 Service Pack 3
 3. Tomcat 5.0 for JWSDP

 You can download the supported containers at

 http://java.sun.com/webservices/containers/index.html

 We encourage users to use J2SE 5.0 JDK with this version, but we also
support J2SE SDK 1.4.2

 Please try out the release and give us feedback.

Regards
-Ramesh

---
Choice Award</a>  and the
Services Journal Reader's Choice Award</a> </p>