users@jax-rpc.java.net

Adding a handler - class not found

From: Matt Swensson <matman2k1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:03:48 -0700 (PDT)

I have an existing application that I add the following line to at
startup:

System.setProperty("javax.xml.soap.MessageFactory","com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.soap.ver1_1.SOAPMessageFactory1_1Impl");
System.setProperty("javax.xml.soap.SOAPConnectionFactory","com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.client.p2p.HttpSOAPConnectionFactory");

Classes are generated using wscompile of an existing wsdl with the
following config:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jax-rpc/ri/config">
   <wsdl location="thirdPArty.wsdl" packageName="thirdParty"/>
 </wsdl>
</configuration>

but when I change it to:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jax-rpc/ri/config">
   <wsdl location="thirdParty.wsdl" packageName="thirdParty"/>
 <handlerChains>
    <chain runAt="client">
      <handler className="handler.SOAPMessageLoggingHandler">
        <property name="name" value="Client Logging Handler"/>
      </handler>
    </chain>
  </handlerChains>
  </wsdl>
</configuration>

The handler gets invoked..(correctly so), but I get an exception in the
log that is looking for an axis jar?:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Couldn't create SOAP message factory due to
exception: javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Failed to create
MessageFactory: org.apache.axis.soap.MessageFactoryImpl; nested
exception is:
Couldn't create SOAP message factory due to exception:
javax.xml.soap.SOAPException: Failed to create MessageFactory:
org.apache.axis.soap.MessageFactoryImpl

1) why is it looking for the apache axis impl
2) why isn't using the one I set the system property for
3) is this a jar I have to add?
4) am I doing something wrong?

My goal is to log the soap messages outgoing and incoming.

Thanks,
Matt

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com