users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Issues with "wsimport" and classpath

From: Charlie Collins <charlie.collins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:41:57 -0400

Thanks Vivek, help is greatly appreciated.

I will double check that I am using the latest workspace, but I
believe I am (I will get revs).

As for the classpath element, yes I am aware its a child element and
using it as such. I am also aware the error is expected because
indeed it is not an attribute. The ant target seems to *treat it as an
attribute*, the same way it does for wsgen (when set to verbose each
of wsimport and wsgen shows the "command line" version of what they
are doing and they both indeed try to set -classpath *as an attribute*
when the classpath ant element is used, this of course works for wsgen
because that is a valid attribute, but it does not work for wsimport).
 I am using and looking at the same samples/etc/common-targets.

I do have JAXWS_HOME set for purposes of the examples (but not in my
own build). I do not have AS_HOME set.

It was my intention to try to build a standalone server and subsequent
war, a deploy on another app server (for example Tomcat). The server
portion seems to work fine in this manner. Do I need AS_HOME to
generate the *client*? At present I do not have the Sun App Server
installed. If need be I can fall back to that but it seems like
things should, at least theoretically, work without any particular app
server (once I have the jaxws-rt and jaxws-tools and other related
libraries in place).

Thanks again for the help!