users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Re: WSDeploy error in case multipart input message

From: Anne Thomas Manes <atmanes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:19:30 -0500

Frederik,

The "at most one child in the SOAP Body" restriction is defined by the
WS-I Basic Profile. This restriction has since been ratified in the
SOAP 1.2 specification.

The SOAP specification does not explain how to process multiple child
elements in a SOAP body, and therefore different implementations
behave differently, causing interoperability issues. As far as I know,
all systems that do support multiple child elements in the SOAP body
treat them as two separate operation requests -- not as multiple
parameters to a single request -- whether it's RPC or document style.

When using RPC style, the SOAP engine automatically generates a
wrapper element for the specified parameters. When using document
style, you must assemble your parameters into a single element.

The restriction pertains to both wrapped style and unwrapped style. In
wrapped style, you create a wrapper element has the same name as the
operation. In unwrapped style, the child element of the SOAP body can
have any name -- but the point is, you are sending a document -- not
parameters.

Regards,
- Anne