users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Parameter contain XML String

From: Bobby Bissett - Javasoft <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:27:36 -0500

> I am using JAX-RPC to deploy webservice, it have one method
> - String AAAA(int i, String data) {}; where data is XML string ;
> if I don't use SOAPHandler everything OK, but when I using SOAPHandler
> then it not run.
> The tags in the 'data' was changed into entites, so the Parser can
> not do right.

When handlers are present, a different xml reader/writer is used to read
and write the messages. There was a bug with this other writer a while
ago where it was doing something strange, but that has been fixed. Are
you using a recent version of jaxrpc? I have a test that sends
"<simple></simple>" out as a string, verifies that the string arrives
properly (using string.equals()) on the server end, and that it is
echoed back to the client properly. All of this is passing for me.

The xml characters should be escaped when going over the wire since they
are now data and not part of the soap message, but I see that behavior
both with and without handlers present. What is the error you're seeing
(if you are using the latest jaxrpc)?

Cheers,
Bobby