users@jax-rpc.java.net

Empty SOAPElement from .net WebService

From: Chrisjan Matser <chrisjan_at_sterrentech.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:37:34 -0800 (PST)

I'm try to view the response from a web service I'm
contacting that was created I believe with .Net. I'm
using JAX-RPC from JWSDP 1.5.

One of the fields in the response object is a
SOAPElement. From what I understand, this was done to
map an "any" type field. I try to walk through the
xml tree and I am not seeing all the data. I can get
one level deep and then no more children.

Anyone else see this?

The appropriate WSDL regarding this field
- <s:element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1"
name="ExtractReturnsByReturnDateAsXMLResult">
  - <s:complexType mixed="true">
    - <s:sequence>
        <s:any />
      </s:sequence>
    </s:complexType>
  </s:element>

Any ideas on how to see the raw data? I tried the
-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp.transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=443
but I didn't see anything. Yes, I'm using 443 because
the web service url is https. That could be why I
don't see anything?

Any help appreciated.

Chrisjan