users@jax-rpc.java.net

How to create a message with SwA Attachment?

From: Oliver Jaun <olijaun_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:29:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hello

I successfully received an attachment from a server
which I implemented using SwA Attachments. On the
server side I created the attachment using something
like this:

MessageContext mc =
servletEndpointContext.getMessageContext();
ArrayList list = new ArrayList();
list.add(att);
mc.setProperty(ServerPropertyConstants.SET_ATTACHMENT_PROPERTY,
 list);
java.net.URI retVal = new
java.net.URI("cid:distributedFile");

Now I have the case that I want to send an attachment
from the client to the server. I read the hints in the
AttachmentSample Tutorial from Sun. However this
tutorial does only use a swaRef to receive an
attachment via swaRef from a server. Sending is done
differently using mime part definitions in the WSDL.
What I have is a method in my Stub like this:

sendFile(java.net.URI uri)

My Question:

How can I attach a file in a similar way I've done it
on the server side (shown above) using swaRef?

I saw that there is a
StubPropertyConstants.SET_ATTACHMENT_PROPERTY. I
assume I have to use MyStub._setProperty() and add my
list of attachments. However when I do this I don't
get any errors but there is no attachment sent. What's
the proper way to do that? I don't have a
MessageContext in the client.

Am I missing something?

Thanks a lot in advance

Regards