users@jax-rpc.java.net

JWSDP & invokeOneWay

From: Ryan LeCompte <ryan.lecompte_at_pangonetworks.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:38:11 -0400

Hello all,

I'm using JWSDP 1.4 and have written a JAX-RPC client using the DII
interfaces. Specifically, I'm using the Call.invokeOneWay() operation to
invoke a remote web service operation asynchronously. However, it appears
that it isn't truly asynchronous, since a stub based version of the client
(not using DII) actually returns from invoking the remote web service
operation faster than the DII version. Does anyone know if the reference
implementation of JAX-RPC that comes with the JWSDP actually implements a
truly asynchronous solution for the Call.invokeOneWay method (such as
spawing off a new thread to perform the method invocation, etc) ?

Also, my WSDL file from which the web service client and implementation are
built uses document-style operations with "empty" responses (all of the
methods have 'void' return types and the WSDL specifies an "empty" message
as the "output" of each operation block in the WSDL). I've tried using the
-f:useonewayoperations option to wscompile, but that doesn't seem to make a
difference in the behavior that I'm seeing compared to just using "empty"

Thanks,

-- Ryan