users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: DII client accessing .NET web service

From: Ryan LeCompte <ryan.lecompte_at_pangonetworks.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:48:54 -0400

Hello Kathy,

Thank you for your response on the mailing list. I was actually able to
solve this problem by setting the Call.SOAPACTION_URI_PROPERTY property
correctly in my DII client application. However, I have another question
that you may be able to help me out with. I'm a bit confused on when I
should use the "-f:wsi" feature for the wscompile utility. I have been using
the "-f:documentliteral" feature with wscompile to generate a WSDL file that
will work with .NET, etc. Is it true that I only need "-f:wsi" if I want to
generate JAX-RPC stubs/ties on the server-side that are WSI 1.0 compliant?
It appears that the WSDL file that is produced when I use BOTH the -f:wsi
and -f:documentliteral features is exactly the same as if I just use only
the -f:documentliteral feature. I have been using only the
-f:documentliteral (and not -f:wsi) for generating all of my client/server
stubs/ties as well as the seralizers used by the DII client, and I haven't
had any trouble accessing my JAX-RPC or .NET web service implementation that
is based on the same WSDL produced by using just -f:documentliteral. Also,
.NET doesn't complain that the generated WSDL isn't WSI 1.0 compliant. Is
there something that I'm missing here? Am I okay with not using the -f:wsi
feature? Note that I am also generating my server side web service
implementation based on the generated WSDL from passing only
-f:documentliteral to wscompile (as opposed to building the server side
implementation from the Java endpoint interface).

Thank you,

-- Ryan

  _____