users@jax-rpc.java.net

enable SSL in Tomcat for multi servers

From: Sharon Lee <yjlee_at_pchome.com.tw>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 09:09:12 +0100

Hi there,

I cannot solve a problem, so please help me.
I have a JAVA client(A) which will invoke an AXIS service on the same machine(B). Then, the service will invoke other services(C, D) on other servers.
A -> B -> C and D(in parallel)
All communication and invocations need though HTTPS.
I have set up my TOMCAT, so when I try https://localhost:8443. there is no problem.
And when I re-configure my program as all the A, B, C, D are localhost, it also works.

my problem is when I import server's certificate into my trustcacerts, should the alias name always be "tomcat"?
If no, when I use another alias, such as tomcat0, why cannot it work?
If yes, what should I do if I have more than one certificates which need to be imported?

Thanks for helping

Lee