users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: SLSB instance will be created as needed, what about JAX-RPC servlet instance?

From: Merten Schumann <Merten.Schumann_at_asg.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 11:04:29 +0200

Found the information in the specification, Thank you, Anne!

In the specification, there's "cluster" not mentioned. In the EJB
specification I found some small occurences of the word. So I guess this
clustering support is a J2EE thing. I would like to know, if an app
server supporting clustering will distribute a JAX-RPC web services (as
it would do with a J2EE web service)???

To keep things simple I would like to hold client state in static
variables (or maybe in HTTP Session, but I will try to not require HTTP
Session), which will not work in a clustered environment if requests by
one client get handled at different hosts of the cluster over time ...

Thank you!
   Merten