users@jax-rpc.java.net

problem with JAX-RPC web service in J2EE 1.4 RI, internal server error (ClassCastException) from generated tie

From: Merten Schumann <Merten.Schumann_at_asg.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:08:29 +0200

Hello,

I'm using the J2EE 1.4 RI, update 1.
I created the HelloService sample according to the latest J2EE 1.4
tutorial.
With wscompile I created WSDL and mapping.xml; with deploytool I created
the .war and deployed it.
And I think last week such stuff was working :-)
I can retrieve the WSDL via
http://localhost:5000/hello-jaxrpc/hello?WSDL.
But when I try to invoke the sayHello method (from a Static Stub or
Dynamic Proxy client), I end up with

client:
java.rmi.ServerException: JAXRPC.TIE.04: Internal Server Error
(JAXRPC.TIE.01: caught exception while handling request:
java.lang.ClassCastException)

from server.log:
JAXRPC.TIE.01: caught exception while handling request:
java.lang.ClassCastException
java.lang.ClassCastException
 at
de.rochade.srap.ws.HelloService_PortType_Tie.invoke_sayHello(HelloServic
e_PortType_Tie.java:53)
 at
de.rochade.srap.ws.HelloService_PortType_Tie.processingHook(HelloService
_PortType_Tie.java:123)
 at
com.sun.xml.rpc.server.StreamingHandler.handle(StreamingHandler.java:228
)
 at
com.sun.xml.rpc.server.http.JAXRPCServletDelegate.doPost(JAXRPCServletDe
legate.java:316)
 at
com.sun.enterprise.webservice.JAXRPCServlet.doPost(JAXRPCServlet.java:49
)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:768)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:861)

HelloService_PortType_Tie.java:53 is
 java.lang.String result =
   ((de.rochade.srap.ws.HelloService_PortType)
getTarget()).sayHello(myHelloService_sayHello_RequestStruct2.getString_1
());

So the exception comes from a class generated at deploy time. I do the
stuff from my domain1\applications\j2ee-modules\DeployToolCreated folder
too.

I cannot really debug the stuff. But I think my HelloService.sayHello()
method is not getting called.

BTW: tried to deploy the beast in WebSphere 6.0: my Dynamic Proxy client
works fine!

Would be nice if someone could try to reproduce the problem in Sun App
Server 8. Is it a bug of mine?
Thank you!
   Merten