users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: problem with JAX-RPC web service in J2EE 1.4 RI, internal server error (ClassCastException) from generated tie

From: Merten Schumann <Merten.Schumann_at_asg.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:44:26 +0200

Using different names for SEI and Service solved the problem!
:-) Thank you very much, Jitendra!!!

In a way, this was a strange thing. Was there any chance for me to find
the reason by myself? I tried the "verify J2EE compliance tool", but
that gave me no hint. Should choosing the same name being avoided (maybe
by rejecting it in wscompile or so) or (as I said, it worked in
WebSphere) is this a thing which happened due to "reference
implementation" state of Sun J2EE?

Again, many thanx!
   Merten