users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JAX-RPC 2.0 enhancements and changes - feedback requested

From: Doug Kohlert <Doug.Kohlert_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:39:56 -0700

Gabriel,
Thank you for your input, option B is definitely a possibility. I
should note that due to the drastic changes going into JAXRPC 2.0,
existing applications may have to do some porting to build with the new
JAXRPC as generated signatures, WSDLS, etc. maybe
different since we will be using JAXB to do data binding between XML
schema and Java classes. However, existing services
and clients that are not recompiled will of course run with the 2.0
runtime. We plan on writing a porting guide specifying the changes
between 1.x and 2.0. If we change the default behavior of the tools, we
would definitely highlight such a change in the porting
guide. Another way that users can get old signatures, behavior, etc, is
to use the -source option on wscompile, however, doing
this will basically just give you 1.x functionality.

Thanks again for your feedback.