users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: problem with WSDL file, "jaxrpc compilation exception" in .ear deploy step

From: Bobby Bissett <Robert.Bissett_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:12:58 -0400

> <service name="WuergService">
> <port name="WuergPort" binding="tns:WuergBinding">
> <soap:address location="REPLACE_WITH_ACTUAL_URL"/>
> </port>
> <port name="WuergPort2" binding="tns:WuergBinding2">
> <soap:address location="REPLACE_WITH_ACTUAL_URL"/>
> </port>
> </service>

I have tried it with jwsdp1.4 (installed over tomcat, but the same
jaxrpc bits should be there for ap server 8) and it is working for me.
My little test may be more simple than your app, but I added a second
port to the service, a second binding for it, and another port type
(that simply copied the original port type).

Make sure your jaxrpc-ri.xml file lists both endpoints and has an
endpoint mapping for both as well. When you go to http://......?WSDL you
should see two ports listed, though the wsdl file is really the same for
both. If you left out the second port in the jaxrpc-ri.xml file, then
the runtime doesn't have any information about the second port to add to
the <soap:address location=""/> field, and so it does not transform it.

Cheers,
Bobby