users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: comparing JAX-RPC web service created with deploytool and with plain wsdeploy (Sun J2EE 1.4 RI)

From: Merten Schumann <Merten.Schumann_at_asg.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:24:08 +0200

Hello,

it seems, there's a difference in deploying a web service (.war) via
"Autodeploy" feature and via deploytool. When I deploy it by copying the
.war to "Autodeploy" folder, my web service could be accessed by
   http://foo.com/HelloService/hello
with "HelloService" being the name from HelloService.war. When I use,
with the SAME .war, the deploytool, the <context-root> from
WEB-INF/sun-web.xml come's into play, and I do get (according to
sun-web.xml)
   http://foo.com/my-context-root/hello

It's not a big problem, caused me just some trial steps 8-)

cu
   Merten