users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Is Apache Axis required to deploy JAX-RPC application?.

From: Ramesh Babu Mandava <Ramesh.Mandava_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:53:50 -0700

Hi Shaba:

> Hi all,
>
> I have created a .war file by using wsdeploy
> tool(attached file).
>
> Now i wanna deploy it in a webserver.The target server
> is Tomcat4.1 or 5.0.
>
> I have placed my .war file in webapps directory of
> Tomcat.and ran Tomcat.But i could'nt able to get the
> service from it.Tomcat says that the requested file is
> NOT AVAILEABLE.
>
> my time is precious.I have even made buisiness and
> data tier of my application,when i successfully test
> the JAX-RPC model,i can use JAX-RPC and i wanna use
> it.so anyone knowing plz help.
>
> I think it's a silly questien.A simple example.I am
> attaching the sunreg.war file with it.Plz check it
> out.

  JAX-RPC Standard Implementation is enough to develop, deploy and invoke a JAX-RPC application.

 I extracted the attached target.war and find out that you don't have endpointmapping for endpoint with name "SunRegService". Even though you defined one endpointMapping element as part of "jaxrpc-ri.xml" ( which is stored as jaxrpc-ri-before.xml in the cooked war file), the
 "endpointName" attribute value is set to "SunRegEndPoint" which is not same as value "name" attribute of "endpoint" element.

  While using endpoint mapping you have to mention "endpointName" value to be equal to the value of "name" attribute of "endpoint" element.

 Anyway because there is no endpoint mapping defined for endpoint ( with name as SunRegService ) , JAXRPC SI used
 value of "name" attribute of "endpoint" element as the "urlPattern". So the final URL of the webservice would become

 http://<serverName>:<serverPort>/target/ws/SunRegService

 When I deployed your target.war in my Tomcat 5.0.19 version which is supported by JWSDP 1.4 ( available to download at [1] ), the webservice is exposed at URL

http://localhost:8080/target/ws/SunRegService

 Please look at the white papers [2] & [3] to understand more about JAXRPC SI environment

[1] http://java.sun.com/webservices/containers/tomcat_for_JWSDP_1_4.html

[2] https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/whitepaper/1.1/index-part1.html
[3] https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/whitepaper/1.1/index-part2.html

 Regards