users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: JWSDP1.4 installation problem

From: Ramesh Babu Mandava <Ramesh.Mandava_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:05:13 -0700

Hi John:

> I am trying to do an installation with Tomcat. On the second page
> of the
> installer ("Select a Web Container"), I selected No Web Container, and
> than with the Browse button, I located my (perfectly healthy and
> happy)Tomcat on c:\program files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
> 5.0. Than I
> get an error message from the installer:
>
> c:\program files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0 is not a Tomcat
> 5.0 for Java WSDP installation directory.
>

> What does this mean? What do I do wrong?

 This means that you are not using the supported Tomcat version.

JWSDP 1.4 is only supported with specific Tomcat 5.0.19 version that is
 available at
 http://java.sun.com/webservices/containers/tomcat_for_JWSDP_1_4.html

 We made few changes in Boostrapping in the specified Tomcat version for
 JWSDP 1.4 . So please use the supported Tomcat version for trying out
 JWSDP 1.4

 Also as mentioned in JWSDP download page, we also support the following
 containers with JWSDP 1.4

 1) Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 8.0.0_01
 2 ) Sun Java System Web Server 6.1 Service Pack 2

 You can download the supported containers by following the below mentioned link

 http://java.sun.com/webservices/containers/index.html

 Regards
 -Ramesh

 Regards