users@jax-rpc.java.net

Is a JAX-RPC static stub client J2EE implementation specific?

From: Merten Schumann <Merten.Schumann_at_asg.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:44:48 +0200

Hello,

<asked at forum.java.sun.com first, but got now answer yet>

just tried Sun's J2EE JAX-RPC HelloService sample with Sun's J2EE 1.4
reference implementation and have created a static stub client.

The code created by wscompile, is it specific to Sun's J2EE
implementation???

I think so, since the generated sources contain things like
   import com.sun.xml.rpc.encoding.literal.DetailFragmentDeserializer;
and all. So I guess I couldn't use it in a WebSphere or JBoss (client
side) environment, could I?

Another issue: I extended the sample to throw a custom exception
(created an exception class for this). When I do use a Dynamic Proxy
client, not my exception gets thrown in the cient (although I have the
class in the classpath), but a SOAPFaultException. In the static stub
client my exception appears as expected. So, in a Dynamic Proxy client,
do I have to search the SOAPFaultException for my exception on my own?

If so, could anybody lead me how to evaluate a SOAPFaultException?

Even with J2EE 1.4 I get the feeling that exception handling for custom
exceptions is still a nightmare in web services, or? :-)

Thanx alot
Merten