users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: RE: Streaming of data supported in JAX-RPC?

From: Merten Schumann <Merten.Schumann_at_asg.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 16:17:21 +0200

Is there a standard return/parameter type in JAX-RPC I could use in my
web service method?
I mean, something like GLUE's MIMEData stuff.

There I could define methods like
   electric.util.mime.MIMEData getBlob(long id);
   void updateBlob(electric.util.mime.MIMEData data, long id)
beneath my normal (non-stream) methods.

Something like this in JAX-RPC?

BTW: GLUE doc writes
The GLUE implementation transfers attachments without the data ever
having to reside in memory. By default, outbound attachments are
streamed from their source directly to the transport layer, and inbound
attachments are streamed directly from the transport layer to a
temporary file.