users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Stateless Session Beans and JAX-RPC

From: Webb Morris <webbmorris_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:26:56 -0700 (PDT)

Doug's Example depends on the container that comes with the examples (Tomcat, I think it was,
really can't remember). I understand the frustration in finding an example with detail for
putting a web service in front of a stateless session bean. I may be way off track here, but I
seem to recall that the spec left it up to the container to provide this ability (meaning you do
it differently for every container you deploy to). Plus, I think this part of the spec is only in
the 2.0 EJB spec which I'm not sure has been finalized yet, but I do know is not widely
implemented. The company I work for recently moved to WebLogic, and this functionality is fairly
well supported, but it does require some WebLogic specific build tasks and doesn't involve
JAX-RPC, although I have written a JAX-RPC client to test the deployment.

Just my 2c

WM