users@jax-rpc.java.net

SOAPPart content is null

From: Steve Pruitt <SPruitt_at_exstream.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 19:14:46 -0400

I get null when I get the content from a SOAPPart. My code snippet is

mf = MessageFactory.newInstance();
MimeHeaders headers = getHeaders(req);
InputStream is = req.getInputStream();
SOAPMessage msg = mf.createMessage(headers, is);
SOAPPart spx = msg.getSOAPPart();
Source src = spx.getContent();

After executing the last line src is null. getHeaders gets the headers from the request so I can fulfill the createMessage interface. Can anyone see why getContent() returns null? I dumped the MIME Headers on my SOAPPart and there is a single header: Content-Type: text/xml

My incoming SOAP request is:

POST /myservices/UserService HTTP/1.1
SOAPAction: login
Host: localhost
Accept: text/html, image/gif, image/jpeg, *; q=.2, */*; q=.2
Connection: keep-alive
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <SOAP-ENV:Header/>
   <SOAP-ENV:Body>