users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: hi problem with wscompile

From: Arun Gupta <Arun.Gupta_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 09:42:50 -0800

Hi Sudha,

The correct configuration file should look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration
xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jax-rpc/ri/config">
<service
name="echo"
targetNamespace="http://EchoService.org/wsdl "
typeNamespace="http://EchoService.org/types"
packageName="echo">
<interface
name="echo.EchoIF"
servantName="echo.EchoImpl"/>
</service>
</configuration>

In your wscompile command, -gen (same as -gen:client) switch tries to
generate client-side artifacts starting from a service endpoint
interface. The recommended model, in this case, is to deploy the web
service starting from a service endpoint interface and use the WSDL
exposed by the service to generate the client-side artifacts.

You can refer to
https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/whitepaper/1.1/index-part2.html#Scenario1
for publishing your service starting from a service endpoint interface
and
https://jax-rpc.dev.java.net/whitepaper/1.1/index-part2.html#Scenario2
for invoking your web service using the WSDL.

To deal with ClassNotFoundException, you need to add the directory where
your service endpoint classes are generated in the classpath to wscompile.

Thanks,
-Arun

--
got Web Services ?
Download Java Web Services Developer Pack from