users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Generating Serializable Classes from WSDL

From: Doug Kohlert <Doug.Kohlert_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:45:00 -0800

John,
wscompile does not generate serializable classes. The serializeinterfaces
option you specified is used to to generate serializers for
interfaces used in the SEI. When this option is set you should be able to
pass classes that implement an interface in the SEI as parameters; however
on the receiving end of the message you will only have access to the members
defined in the respective interface and will not be able to access any members
defined on the concrete class that was sent unless you specify
<additionalTypes> in your config.xml file. There is currently no plan
to generate serializable classes.

--
Doug Kohlert
Java Software Division