users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: RemoteException Potential typemapper problem

From: <Chris.Bing_at_ukchanges.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:21:22 -0000

Hi,

As requested...

Unfortunately I can't test this version from my desktop, due to firewall
issues, but it should "work" for you externally.

Thanks,

Chris

WSDL: http://217.158.164.41/DCIS/dcis.wsdl

Code:

----
String namespace = "http://217.158.164.41/DCIS/wsdl/";
String endpointURL = "http://217.158.164.41/DCIS/dcis.asp";
String portName = "DCISSoapPort";
String functionName = "ConsumerTelenumberXDWithBTPostcode";
String[] paramNames =
{"bstrLicenceKey","bstrClientID","bstrConsumerName","bstrAddressLines","bstrP
ostcode"};
String[] paramValues = new String[] {"x","y","a","b","c"};
ServiceFactory factory = ServiceFactory.newInstance();
Call call = factory.createService(new QName("DCIS")).createCall();
call.setTargetEndpointAddress(endpointURL);
call.setPortTypeName(new QName(namespace, portName));
call.setOperationName(new QName(namespace, functionName));
call.setProperty(Call.SOAPACTION_USE_PROPERTY, new Boolean(true));
call.setProperty(Call.SOAPACTION_URI_PROPERTY,
"http://217.158.164.41/DCIS/action/DCIS.ConsumerTelenumberXDWithBTPostcode");
call.setProperty(Call.ENCODINGSTYLE_URI_PROPERTY,
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/");
call.setProperty(Call.OPERATION_STYLE_PROPERTY, "rpc");
for(int i=0; i<5; i++)
{
	call.addParameter(paramNames[i],
javax.xml.rpc.encoding.XMLType.XSD_STRING,ParameterMode.IN);
}
call.setReturnType(javax.xml.rpc.encoding.XMLType.XSD_STRING);
String returnValue = (String) call.invoke(paramValues);
System.out.println(returnValue);
----
I have also tried:
----
ServiceFactory factory = ServiceFactory.newInstance();
javax.xml.rpc.Service service = factory.createService(new
URL("http://217.158.164.41/DCIS/dcis.wsdl"),
new QName(	"http://217.158.164.41/DCIS/wsdl/", "DCIS"));
Iterator ports = service.getPorts();
QName port = null;
while (ports.hasNext())
{
	port = (QName) ports.next();
	System.out.println("Registered port: " + port.toString());
}
Call[] calls = service.getCalls(port);
System.out.println("Number of Operations:" + calls.length);
for(int i = 0 ; i < calls.length; i++)
{
	System.out.println("Operation Name: " +
calls[i].getOperationName().toString());
	System.out.println("Endpoint: " +
calls[i].getTargetEndpointAddress());
	System.out.println("Return Type: " +
calls[i].getReturnType().toString());
	System.out.println("Port: " + calls[i].getPortTypeName().toString());

	System.out.println("SoapAction: " + calls[i].SOAPACTION_USE_PROPERTY
+ ": " + calls[i].getProperty(Call.SOAPACTION_USE_PROPERTY));
	System.out.println("SoapAction: " + calls[i].SOAPACTION_URI_PROPERTY
+ ": " + calls[i].getProperty(Call.SOAPACTION_URI_PROPERTY));
	Iterator propNames = calls[i].getPropertyNames();
	while(propNames.hasNext())
	{
		System.out.println("PropName: " + (String)propNames.next());
		System.out.println("Value: " + (String)calls[i].getProperty(
(String)propNames.next() ) );
	}
}
calls[0].setProperty(Call.SOAPACTION_USE_PROPERTY, new Boolean(true));
calls[0].setProperty(Call.SOAPACTION_URI_PROPERTY,"http://217.158.164.41/DCIS
/action/DCIS.ConsumerTelenumberXDWithBTPostcode");
String[] params = {"a","b","c","d","e"};
String result = (String)calls[0].invoke(params);
System.out.println(result);
Visit www.ukchanges.com and try out the range of features, functions and applications that have been designed to improve the targeting of your DM campaigns and make your life easier.
Confidentiality: This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee only and may be confidential.  If they have come to you
in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or show them to anyone.  Please advise the sender by replying to
this e-mail immediately and then delete the original from your computer.
Opinion: Any opinions expressed in this e-mail are entirely those of the author and, unless specifically stated to the contrary, are not necessarily those of Direct Select (192) Limited.
Security Warning: Internet e-mail is not necessarily a secure communications medium and we advise that you understand and consider this fact when e-mailing us.  Direct Select (192) Limited does not accept responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was sent.
Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from all known viruses we advise that, in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.
UKChanges is a trading style of Direct Select (192) Limited.
Thank you