users@jax-rpc.java.net

can i include pathinfo when hitting a service?

From: jeff <jeff.blattman_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:49:47 -0800

we have a webservice where we intend to pass extra information as
pathinfo. we use a filter in front of the jaxrpc servlet to put the
http objects (req, res) into thread local space so we can access them in
the webservice code.

if i hit the web service w/o pathinfo, it works fine:

/foo/bar

but if i hit

/foo/bar/X

i get the following error from the client:

Exception in thread "main" javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException:
Missing port information
    at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._raiseFault(StreamingSender.java:395)
    at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._send(StreamingSender.java:234)
    at
com.sun.portal.wsrp.common.stubs.WSRP_v1_ServiceDescription_PortType_Stub.getServiceDescription(WSRP_v1_ServiceDescription_PortType_Stub.java:65)

on the web container console, i see:

ERROR server.http - no endpoint specified

if i hit /far/bar/X in the browser, i get a nothing back, but no errors
(/foo/bar/ reports the web service status as always).

is it possible for me to utilize pathinfo in this manner?

thanks.