users@jax-rpc.java.net

RE: RE: Re: MessageContext->Stub and Stub->MessageContext?

From: Nan Xiong <Nan.Xiong_at_viewstar.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:44:56 -0800

Sorry Bobby I cannot seem to let this thread die :) Well, I have experienced some problem with
ThreadLocal implementation I talked about in handling passing session token in soap header btwn
soap calls. I runs my web service client in Tomcat, since tomcat keeps thread pool i cannot assume
all requests for a jsp session are serverd by threads created from one single parent thread.
Basically, your statement of "just a matter of storing some data in a multithreaded environment"
may not be very practical in a j2ee server. I hope you agree with my assessment. I hope jaxrpc
standard can include a solution for this senario. Our service is a .NET service and already in
production, so it is not possible to change the service to explicitly pass the token as
operation arguments, .NET client can handle this very easily. in java world, we are using Axis for
at this moment, and Axis allow to access a session specific object from its implementation of
MessageContext, but I very much looking forward to a jaxrpc standard solution.
Thanks
Nan