users@jax-rpc.java.net

problem to access endpoint

From: Xiaohong Wang <xwang_at_esri.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 17:15:51 -0700

Hi,

I'm new to jaxrpc-ri. Sorry if this has been well discussed. I would like to
understand in what cases jaxrpc servlet returns "No JAX-RPC context
information available." when it is supposed to give back welcome page? I
have a very simple testing calculator web service wscompile and wsdeploy in
jwsdp1.2. I got this message when I tried to hit service endpoint. After
searching the discussion forum, the most recent same problem was caused by
incorrect impl class name. So I checked them in config-interface.xml and
jaxrpc-ri.xml, they looked good. Here is both files. And I have no problem
to generate the tie,wsdl etc files. What am I missing here? Does this
message thrown in init jaxrpc servlet? or init ok, but problem when it tries
to outputstream services info(wsdl, port, model etc)? Any ideas? Please
help. Thanks

-------config-interface.xml--------------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration
  xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jax-rpc/ri/config">
  <service
      name="MyCalService"
      targetNamespace="urn:cal"
      typeNamespace="urn:cal"
      packageName="calculatorservice">
      <interface name="calculatorservice.CalculatorIF"/>
  </service>
</configuration>

---jaxrpc-ri.xml-----------------
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<webServices
    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jax-rpc/ri/dd"
    version="1.0"
    targetNamespaceBase="urn:cal"
    typeNamespaceBase="urn:cal"
    urlPatternBase="/ws">

    <endpoint
        name="MyCal"
        displayName="Calculator Service"
        description="A simple web service"
        interface="calculatorservice.CalculatorIF"
        model="/WEB-INF/model.gz"
        implementation="calculatorservice.calculatorIFImpl"/>

    <endpointMapping
        endpointName="MyCal"
        urlPattern="/cal"/>

</webServices>