users@jax-rpc.java.net

EJB as a web service client

From: Katz Guy <Guy_Katz_at_ICOMVERSE.COM>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 14:37:04 +0300

Hi all;
I would appreciate it if someone can elaborate more on what exactly I nedd
to to when trying to conenct to a web service through an EJB.
I understand the code needed for the client - it’s a simple JNDI lookup of a
web service resource.
What I am missing is the internals of how this works, packaging issues etc..

Do I start with a WSDL and run wscompile to get interfaces and stubs? What
file do I have to package with my EJB jar. Why not just give the app server
a WSDL URL and let him handle all class generation and let my code reflect
on the service interface? Is this possible? I browsed through jsr 109 but
could not get a defenite answer.

Guy Katz
Software Architect, CAP-IFS
Comverse