users@jax-rpc.java.net

Cannot connect to server error

From: YAWN,MICHAEL (HP-Cupertino,ex1) <"YAWN,MICHAEL>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 12:49:50 -0700

Hi all,

I've reworked an example JAX-RPC service to use the wscompile and wsdeploy
utilities rather than xrpcc.

The service deploys OK, and I can surf to the context endpoint directory and
see the service deployed and active.

But when I try to connect from the client, I get the following exception:

java.rmi.RemoteException: cannot connect to server:
/nfl-jaxrpc/jaxrpc/JaxRpcSta
ndingsIF; nested exception is:
        cannot connect to server: /nfl-jaxrpc/jaxrpc/JaxRpcStandingsIF
cannot connect to server: /nfl-jaxrpc/jaxrpc/JaxRpcStandingsIF
        at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.http.HttpClientTransport.invoke(HttpClientTran
sport.java:119)
        at
com.sun.xml.rpc.client.StreamingSender._send(StreamingSender.java:73)

        at
nfl.application.jaxrpc.JaxRpcStandingsIF_Stub.init(JaxRpcStandingsIF_
Stub.java:58)
        at nfl.application.jaxrpc.Client.run(Unknown Source)
        at nfl.application.jaxrpc.Client.main(Unknown Source)

I did redeploy the original application (generated with xrpcc) on JAX-RPC
1.0, so I don't think this
is an issue of moving from EA2 -> 1.0, but rather, something that happened
when I switched to
using wsdeploy rather than xrpcc and packaging with an Ant <war> task.

When moving from xrpcc -> wsdeploy, does anything change in the URL format?
I'm not sure
what to attach (web.xml, config.xml, jaxrpc-ri.xml) to help troubleshoot
this.

Mike