users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Wsdeploy , wscompile generated files

From: Anne Thomas Manes <anne_at_MANES.NET>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:18:19 -0400

Vibhor,

The wsdeploy, wscompile, xrpcc, etc. tools are unique to the JWSDP. Each
SOAP implementation has its own set of tools. For example, the comparable
tools in Systinet WASP are Java2WSDL, Java2Schema, WSDL Compiler,
DeployTool, WaspPackager, and HolderGenerator. The comparable tools in
Apache Axis are Java2WSDL, WSDL2Java, and AdminClient. (Both of these SOAP
implementations support the JAX-RPC API.)

JAX-RPC defines a number of collection classes, including vectors. You can
have a vector of user defined types. As long as you follow the bean pattern,
most implementations should have no problem serializing/deserializing it.

If you use a user defined type which doesn't follow the bean pattern, then
most implementations will allow you to define your own
serializer/deserializer. (WASP can usually generate it for you. With other
implementations you generally need to build it yourself.) The method by
which you specify the serializer is different in each implementation. (It's
part of the deployment configuration.)

Best regards,
Anne