users@jax-rpc.java.net

Connecting JAXM Client to JAXRPC service

From: vibhor sharma <vibhor.sharma_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 18:27:30 +0530

Hi,
     I'm getting the following error when i'm trying to connect to a
JAXRPC service through a JAXM client. Is it a compulsion to invoke the
JAXRPC service through a JAXRPC client only?

Request :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soap-env:Envelope
xmlns:soap-env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
<soap-env:Header/><soap -env:Body>
<sayHello
soap-env:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<s xsi:type="xsd:string">Duke</s>
</sayHello>
</soap-env:Body>
</soap-env:Envelope>

Response:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:enc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:ns0="http://com.test/types/MyHello"
env:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
<env:Body>
<env:Fault>
<faultcode>env:Server</faultcode>
<faultstring>Internal Server Error (unrecognized operation:
sayHello)</faultstring>
</env:Fault>
</env:Body>
</env:Envelope>

I have been succesfully able to communicate from a JAXM client to a Soap
Service but how come we get this error in this case. If the utlimate
request is a SOAP over HTTP then how come they differ for different
implementations. Why do we have so many interoperability issues when we
follow the same protocol and transport layer. The API's are just to help
you create those request and present you with different mechanisms of
doing the same thing(SOAP/HTTP).
Please suggest if i'm making a mistake while dispatching the request.
How do we identify a unique service on a JAXRPC server? on Apache SOAP
we use the URN to identify the unique service as follows :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<soap-env:Envelope
xmlns:soap-env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
<soap-env:Header/>