users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: xrpcc vs. wscompile, wsdeploy?

From: Phil Goodwin <Phil.Goodwin_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 12:59:12 -0700

WSCompile and WSDeploy are replacements for xrpcc. Xrpcc is included in
the distribution for backwards compatibility. You are encouraged to stop
using it if you are able to. We will try to clarify this in the
documentation for the next release.

Mike Yawn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I developed and deployed a web service using the EA2 release,
> using only the xrpcc tool.
>
> I notice that now (1.0) JAX-RPC includes wscompile and wsdeploy
> tools. Is wscompile intended as a replacement for xrpcc?
> I notice xrpcc is still included with the distribution, so
> it's unclear to me how to position the new ws* tools
> relative to xrpcc.
>
> I've really tried to find this information on Sun's site,
> but other than the fact the tools are shown in the tutorial,
> I can't find anything describing their intent or relation
> to xrpcc.
>
> --
> Mike Yawn
> "J2EE and JAX" now available for preorder - http://www.theyawns.com/

Phil Goodwin, Java Software, Sun Microsystems, 408.276.7090, or x17090
For a bowl of water give a goodly meal;
For a kindly greeting bow thou down with zeal;
For a simple penny pay thou back with gold;
If thy life be rescued, life do not withhold.
Thus the words and actions of the wise regard;
Every little service tenfold they reward.
But the truly noble know all men as one,
And return with gladness good for evil done.