users@jax-rpc.java.net

JAX interop

From: Devendra Inamdar <devendra_inamdar_at_PERSISTENT.CO.IN>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:56:03 +0530

Hi
    I have developed web services in Microsoft.NET
I want to use those from java client because I want to make my app platform
independent using java.
    I have all wsdl files for the .NET web services .
Is it possible for me to access my .NET web services from java using
JAX-RPC. ? Shall I really proceed in this direction.?
I tried some sample java app which was using .NET web service wsdl but it
was not working. But that app was able to access java web services.
Is it possible for JAX-RPC to just know the wsdl URL and nothing else like
interface and implementation because there is no interface and
implementation in ASP.NET web services.
    I am sorry to bother you but this is very important for my project. Will
this direction cause some incompatibility in the future and affect the
project or does it make sense for java client and java web services?

Thanks,
Devendra