users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: How can I rename namespace from 'env' to 'SOAP-ENV'

From: Schie, Sjaak van <sjaak_van_schie_at_NL.COMPUWARE.COM>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 10:16:40 +0200

Hi Edwin,

I guess your customer can better change his program (X).
This because it's not compliant to the SOAP 1.1 spec.

SOAP uses XML namespaces. The prefix itself is not relevant, only the
namespace name associated to it.
For SOAP 1.1 this must be set to "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"

Different programs uses different prefixes:
* SOAP 1.1 spec uses SOAP-ENV,
* AXIS <http://xml.apache.org/axis> uses soapenv.

Sjaak van Schie

and then destroy it.