users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: How can I rename namespace from 'env' to 'SOAP-ENV'

From: Toivo \ <tlainevool_at_NEWIRONSYSTEMS.COM>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 17:19:09 -0700

Your customer's program (X) is wrong. The "SOAP-ENV" or "env" indicate
the namespace _prefix_. The actual namespace name is the same in both
cases i.e. ="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/". As far as XML
is concerned, the two documents would be equivalent, regardless of the
prefix. If you don't understand these concepts, I would recommend
learning about namespace from something like:
http://www.zvon.org/xxl/NamespaceTutorial/Output/

You should get a fix for program "X". Just about an XML parser you can
find these days will handle this correctly.

Toivo Lainevool