users@jax-rpc.java.net

Document root element is missing !!!

From: Armond Avanes <armond333_at_YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 19:27:34 +0430

Hi Folks,

I have a problem on invoking my web services from a stand alone client.
It used to work but I know what has happened that it's not working
anymore!
I'm getting the following exception on client while trying to invoke:

java.rmi.RemoteException: XML parsing error:
com.sun.xml.rpc.sp.ParseException:1: Document root element is missing;
nested exception is:
        XML parsing error: com.sun.xml.rpc.sp.ParseException:1: Document
root element is missing
        at
com.ebsir.silkroad.ac.gateway.ACGatewayBeanSoap_Stub.login(ACGatewayBean
Soap_Stub.java:759)

No exception is generated on server!!
The JAXRPC servlet seems to be ok since it responds to browser hit and
reports the services (end-points) installed on it.

Any idea? May it be a classpath problem on servlet side ??

How can I somehow turn on a debug(verbose) mode on JaxRPCServlet ??!
Btw, the platform is JRunv4.0 and jWSDP EA2.

Any help or information is highlyyyyyyy appreciated.

Thanks a Million,
Armond