users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Problems with SOAP encoding

From: John Keyes <john.keyes_at_CAPECLEAR.COM>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 17:21:45 +0100

Hi Paulo,

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 17:06, Paulo Jose Pinto wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I have a problem similar to the thread
> entitled "SOAP encoding related problem".
>
> I need to be able to generate client stubs
> from RMI interfaces or from WSDL.
>
> I've discovered that when the stubs are generated
> from the RMI interface, they expect the response
> in SOAP encoded format.
>
> But not all the web services that may application
> might use, reply using SOAP encoded messages.
>
> Is there any way to say which encoding format I
> want to use ?
It is the responsibility of the tool that generates
the stub code for you to handle this. The stubs
will be generated in a binding specific manner i.e.
you will need different stubs for a HTTP binding
and a SOAP binding.

Most toolkits provide the functionality to set the
style and use for SOAP; where style can be
'document' or 'rpc' and the use can be 'encoded'
or 'literal'.

Remember, the stubs are generated from the WSDL,
and the WSDL is the API contract. So the correct
way to set the encoding format ('use') that you want
is by editing the WSDL.

-John K

--
Cape Clear Software