users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Problems with SOAP encoding

From: Paulo Jose Pinto <paulo.pinto_at_ALTITUDE.COM>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 18:53:27 +0100

Well, I will be using xrpcc. As our requirements are
to use the JWSDP pack.

> Most toolkits provide the functionality to set the
> style and use for SOAP; where style can be
> 'document' or 'rpc' and the use can be 'encoded'
> or 'literal'.
>
> Remember, the stubs are generated from the WSDL,
> and the WSDL is the API contract. So the correct
> way to set the encoding format ('use') that you want
> is by editing the WSDL.
>
> -John K

My team will develop a tool that will generate stubs by
generating all the files that are required to serve as
input to xrpcc.

So our idea is:

  - Only code is available -> Generate RMI interfaces
   and the config.xml for xrpcc.

  - Only the WSDL is available -> Generate config.xml
   for xrpcc.

The problem is that xrpcc is generating stubs that
expect 'SOAP envelops' as answers, when using RMI interfaces.

The tool that I am refering to, will be used to generate Java
stubs for web-services that aren't done in Java.

The idea is to be able to read a bunch of files and generate a
single jar with all the information about the webservices exported
by those files.

Paulo Pinto