users@jax-rpc.java.net

xrpcc and namespace

From: Kyle Lomeli <kyle.lomeli_at_DEITEL.NET>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 17:55:15 -0400

I am trying to get my JAX-RPC client to send a JavaBean parameter to my Web
service. I am using JAX-RPC RI (JWSDP-EA2) and am using the xrpcc tool to
generate the client stub files.

I have realized that the namespace for the custom type does not match the
targetNamespace that the WSDL document defines for the custom type. Instead,
JAX-RPC replaces it with the package structure.

xmlns:ns1="http://common.casestudy.jws1.deitel.com"

should be

xmlns:ns1="FlatBug:Deitel"

Here is the corresponding part of the WSDL:

targetNamespace="FlatBug:deitel">
 <complexType name="Customer">
 <sequence>
  </sequence>
  </complexType>
  <element name="Customer" nillable="true" type="tns1:Customer" />
  </schema>

Is there an element I can place in the configuration file or is there an
xrpcc option that will enable me to control what the namespace is for the
Customer type?

 Kyle Lomel?
 Software Developer
 Deitel & Associates, Inc.
 www.deitel.com

 Register now for the DEITEL BUZZ e-mail newsletter at
 http://www.deitel.net/newsletter/subscribe.html