users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: xrpcc for jaxrpc-0_8 or jaxrpc-0.9

From: Arun Gupta <arun.gupta_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 10:15:33 -0700

Hi Suzanne,

JWSDP EA2 is based on 0.7 version of the JAX-RPC specification and will
work only with the jar files that are shipped along with the binaries of
JWSDP. The next upcoming release of JWSDP (due in June 2002) will be
having a newer version of xrpcc based on 1.0 version of the specification.

Thanks for your interest in JAX-RPC.

Regards,
-Arun

Suzanne Lemeire wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I try to build the hello example of the EA2 to build with the new jar which is
>available in jaxrpc-0_8 or jaxrpc-0.9 to be able to use the new functions
>of the ServletEndpointContext.
>
>When I run the example code of EA@ with this new jaxrpc-api.jar, the xrpcc
>tool fails. I get these errors for instance when I run ant xrpcc-server
>
>xrpcc-server:
> [echo] Running xrpcc for the server:
> [exec] error: The method javax.xml.rpc.handler.HandlerChain getHandlerChain
>(javax.xml.rpc.namespace.QName) declared in nested class com.sun.xml.rpc.client.
>ServiceImpl. ImmutableHandlerRegistry cannot override the method of the same sig
>nature declared in interface javax.xml.rpc.handler.HandlerRegistry. They must h
>ave the same return type.
> [exec] error: The method javax.xml.rpc.handler.HandlerChain getHandlerChain
>(javax.xml.rpc.namespace.QName) declared in inner class com.sun.xml.rpc.client.S
>erviceImpl. HandlerRegistryImpl cannot override the method of the same signature
> declared in interface javax.xml.rpc.handler.HandlerRegistry. They must have th
>e same return type.
> [exec] 2 errors
> [exec] Result: 1
>
>Do I need a new version of this xrpcc tool? Where can I find this tool ?

There is only one me, I must live myself!
There is only one today, I must live itself!
http://members.tripod.com/~apgupta/index.html