users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Registering handlers on the server side

From: Anne Thomas Manes <anne_at_MANES.NET>
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 23:34:26 -0400

Dev,

If you'd like to redistribute the JAX-RPC RI, you'll need to obtain a
redistribution license from Sun. Your other JAX-RPC options are to use
Apache Axis (open source) or the next release of Systinet WASP (WASP 4.0
beta will be available later this month). Neither of these implementations
requires an application server. BEA also has an implementation in the works
that's part of WebLogic Server. I imagine that we'll see a few more
implementations pop up over the next couple of months.

As I've said in my last couple of postings, you can't ship a commercial
product based on the JAX-RPC API until the API is final. This restriction is
part of the JAX-RPC API license agreement, regardless of the provider of the
implementation.

Best regards,
Anne