users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: Context in webservices

From: Simon Horrell <simonh_at_develop.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 11:52:07 +0100

Have a look at the JAX-RPC spec and check the
javax.xml.rpc.server.ServiceLifeCycle interface. The Web service endpoint
class may implement this interface. Its init() method has a single parameter
which is a javax.xml.rpc.server.ServletEndpointContext implementation
provided by the JAX-RPC runtime implementation. This allows access to the
underlying javax.servlet.ServletContext, javax.servlet.http.HttpSession etc.
Note that the parameter of the ServiceLifeCycle.init() method used to be a
javax.servlet.ServletContext in earlier specs.
Si.